Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Faux Barn Wood

For some reason, about once a year we all get in the mood to do some redecorating and painting.  My major redecorating usually comes one room at a time, but we are putting in new flooring this year.  Painting was just necessary but I had no desire to paint walls over new floors!  So we are doing some long, overdue projects in our dining room.  I don't have any pictures as yet to show you our progress, but I will try to add some in the next few days.  But I just had to show you a tutorial that I found that will give you an idea of what I am doing in the dining room.  I do not like dark wood finishes since they tend to makes things...well...dark!:-)  So all of the trim in this room will be painted to look like barn wood.  I also painted the walls two tones of gray, the top a light color called "Waterford" and a darker shade below the chair rail called, "Slate Roof".  I found out (the hard way) one very important aspect of paint.  MIX IT EVERY TIME YOU USE IT!  It was one of those things that I know but not to the extent that I should have.:-\  I had to paint the lighter color twice.  Anyway, check out the tutorial listed below and maybe you can find a good way to use the same technique.  Blessings to all!!

Faux Barn Wood Tutorial
Tell Me What You Think

No comments:

Post a Comment