Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To Honor My Dad - Wm. Roy Brinkley


It was six years ago today that my Dad gained the one desire of his heart, to see his Lord, Jesus Christ.  They put him to sleep for surgery that morning and he never woke up.  For nine hours the surgeon worked on his poor tired heart and it was just no use.  Dad's wish was that he would go to sleep and wake up in Heaven and the Lord was gracious to grant him his desire.  I miss him so much, but I know that one day I will be able to praise our Savior together.  I just wanted to share with you my bitter-sweet thoughts today and a song that makes me think of him.  I pray that it will be a blessing to your heart if you have someone over on the other side waiting for you, too.  Thank God for His precious promises! 
I'll see you again, Dad, on the other side!
"On The Other Side"

No comments:

Post a Comment